34- Pee On Seat

Someone keeps peeing all over the toilet seat in the faculty bathroom on our hall. I know it is Esther, or at least that she is one of the guilty parties, because twice now I have gone to use the restroom right after her. There is no doubt. Esther is in the restroom, I am waiting outside for my turn, she comes out, I go in, and there is pee all over the seat. Gross!
It makes me think of the bathrooms they have at Six Flags or similar public venues. It reminds me of the kind of restroom behavior you would expect at a gas station. I just don’t understand why Esther, an alleged Southern Belle, would treat our faculty bathroom in this way. It is a nice bathroom, with flowers and a little table for magazines. Only a handful of women from our hall use this bathroom. Doesn’t etiquette school teach you that it is extremely rude to pee all over the toilet seat?
I may have only caught Esther twice, but several times I have found the toilet seat covered with pee. It grosses me out. I either try to clean it off myself, or I go to another restroom on a different hallway.
Today I got fed up. Once again, I found the toilet covered in pee. This time, I decided to take action. After visiting an alternate restroom, I went back to my classroom and made a sign.

Ladies, please have some class.
Do not urinate on the toilet seat,
and if you must-
please clean up after yourself!


This sign is now posted on the inside of the bathroom door. I backed it on bright yellow paper and laminated it. The sign hangs at eye-level with anyone seated on the toilet.

No comments: