83- Ringworm

One of those grubby little twerps gave me ringworm. It itches like hell.
I woke up three days ago with an itchy spot on my arm. At first I figured it must be a bug bite, but two days later, a clear, bumpy red ring had surfaced on my skin. I have never had ringworm before, but the red ring gave me a heads up.
Grossed out, I went to my neighborhood pharmacist and showed him my arm. “Is this ringworm?” I asked.
The pharmacist confirmed my fears and told me that, yes, I did have ringworm. Luckily, it’s not really a worm, but a fungus- similar to athlete’s foot. The pharmacist recommended an antifungal cream and told me the fungus would be killed within two weeks.
Before leaving the pharmacy, I asked the pharmacist how one acquires ringworm. The man told me that humans can get ringworm from infected pets, from other infected humans- particularly children, and from dirt.
Infected humans? Particularly children!
I don’t have any pets. I rarely make contact with dirt.
I’ve got to quit hugging those damn kids.

1 comment:

james said...

by consuming the right foods, while avoiding others, you can heal Ringworm much faster.
how to treat ringworm in humans