67- Election Day

Schools are closed on Election Day- they are used as voting centers. I spent almost the entire day in my apartment, grading papers and writing comments for Interim Reports that are due on Friday. Interim Reports go home to parents midway through a quarter. Their purpose is to keep parents informed of their child’s academic progress. Similar to Report Cards, I have to write thoughtful comments about each student’s progress in each academic subject. This task took me four hours.
As a patriotic citizen, I did go vote. After voting, I went shopping at Wal-Mart and Target for classroom supplies and bulletin board material. I keep a separate register for all the money I spend on school related items. Excluding the $250 stipend from The District, I have spent $307.62 of my own money on school supplies in the last three months.

No comments: