68- Monkey Board

I stayed late after school today to put up my bulletin board. It took me until a little after 5pm to finish all of my routine teacher tasks and then create the bulletin board. My students have just finished writing research papers about rainforests, so I decided to use their final papers as the highlight for our classroom display.
Yesterday, at Wal-Mart, I found these ridiculous cutouts for a holiday jungle scene- perfect for my display theme. The set included adorable little monkeys dressed as elves and different rainforest trees decked with holiday lights. You can find the most bizarre junk at Wal-Mart.
I think the bulletin board contest is stupid. Teachers have more important things to think about than if the wall outside their classroom looks “cute.” Despite my dislike for the displays, I’m smart enough to know that I must feign genuine interest in my bulletin boards. I want to stay on Principal’s good side. Everyone in an Elementary School is a suck-up. Favored faculty members are given special breaks and allowances. I’m human- I want special treatment, too. So, for selfish reasons, I spent an hour and a half of my life hot-gluing pictures of little monkeys to a wall.

No comments: