23- Abuse

Today I caught The Intimidator guarding the door to the Girls’ Bathroom while a mother went inside to beat her daughter.

During my planning period, I went to the main office to check my mailbox. On my way, I passed by the Second Grade hall bathrooms. The Intimidator stood sternly outside of the Girls’ Bathroom door. Her arms were folded across her chest and she looked serious. Things seemed a little suspicious, so I slowed my pace to see what was up.

A student walked by and tried to enter the restroom, but The Intimidator told the girl that that particular bathroom was out of order. “Go to the bathrooms by the Main Office,” The Intimidator bellowed.

As soon as that little girl was out of sight, The Intimidator looked up and down the hall several times; making sure it was free of students. Satisfied that no kids were around, The Intimidator knocked briskly on the bathroom door. In the voice of a drill sergeant, she barked, “OK!”
At The Intimidator’s signal, the muffled voice of an angry woman came from inside the Girls’ Bathroom. I heard the woman yell, “You better not ever make me come up to this school again! You understand me, you little bitch?” This was followed by a loud noise that sounded like a heavy slap, like a fly swatter hitting the kitchen counter top.

I heard the voice of a child begin to cry.

Whap! Whap! Whap! I froze and listened to this woman hit her child over and over again. It was not your everyday spanking.

After what seemed like an eternity, the beating stopped. There was silence, except for the small sound of a child crying. The Intimidator had a strange smirk of satisfaction upon her face.

I went straight back to my classroom and cried.

I feel sick. I hate The Intimidator.

No comments: