53- Ladies' Man

I learned today that Mr. Love is a smooth operator. This morning, I saw him hug Gaby’s mom and then pat her on the ass. Gaby’s mom, Ms. Jackson, appeared to be delighted by the custodian’s affections. Gaby didn’t seem to think Mr. Love’s behavior was unusual.
At lunch, I tracked down Caroline, who loves to gossip and always has information. Caroline told me that Mr. Love is a regular player in the neighborhood. As a suave, 40 year old African American, Mr. Love has lived up to his name and proven himself to be popular with the local women. Several of those women are mothers of students in our school. It is rumored that Mr. Love has even fathered a few of the kids at our school.
This would explain why Mr. Love favors some students over others. Several times I have seen him stop a child in the hallway and inquire about their studies. Mr. Love seems to be genuinely in the progress that specific students are making in school. I always figured he just had favorites, like the rest of us, but now I wonder if Mr. Love is actually the father of some of these kids. I wonder if he’s Gaby’s father. I wonder if he wonders if he is Gaby’s father.

No comments: