54- Personal Day

I’m taking a Personal Day tomorrow. It’ll be Friday and I don’t feel like working. I’ve been planning this for weeks. Actually, I went through the school year calendar and any month that we do not have at least a three-day-weekend, I’m taking one anyway. I’ve decided that I’m not going to work more than three consecutive full weeks in a row. It’s great. I love teaching, but vacation time is one of the main reasons I entered this profession.
According to my calculations, I only have to take 6 Personal Days this year to reach my goal of never working a full month. With all the vacation time and holidays teachers are given, I can have a long weekend every month and still save 6 days for an unpredicted illness. The days I save roll over to next year, too. Next year, I will be able to take a 4-day weekend every month.
My vacation plan works nicely.

No comments: